A Shift Adjustment Request is more commonly known as offering Voluntary Time Off (VTO) or Additional Overtime (OT) Hours. The Shift Adjust Tool Access in Superpunch is required to use this feature.
A Shift Adjustment Request is more commonly known as offering Voluntary Time Off (VTO) or Additional Overtime (OT) Hours. Each request consists of 2 main parts:
- The Offer is the core part of the request, it is what the agent will see as the default in the request. For example, the offer may be adding an hour to the end of their shift or VTO for the first two hours of their shift… or both.
- The Flex, or custom part, is optional, but it allows the agent to make changes to the request within parameters you set. For example, you may offer an extra hour at the end of their shift but give them the option of working between half an hour and two hours at the end of their shift.
The Shift Adjust tool allows Operations to send requests to agents directly when offering OT or VTO hours.
The agent can view, adjust, accept or decline the request directly from the Superpunch Mobile app or in the browser version of Superpunch. They will also be notified by their work email that a request is available.
An Operations Manager or Director of Operations can submit a Jira ticket requesting that access to the Shift Adjustment tool is added to the appropriate user(s).
To use the tool, you will need this access and have a non-agent job on the program/location you will be sending a request for.
Ideally, these requests will be created and sent by an OM, RTA, or on smaller programs, a TL.
To send a Shift Adjustment Request, follow these steps:
- Log into Superpunch.
- Navigate to: Shift adjustment.
- This will bring you to a pending request screen. You can see all open requests at a glance.
- To get more details, click the Information icon beside a request.
- To start a new request, select the Create New Request button.
- Select Location.
- Select Program.
- Select Supervisor or select ALL for all Supervisors.
- Select Submit.
- By default, all agents are selected and agents with schedules will be listed first in the results.
- You can select/deselect the checkbox next to the agent's name(s).
- Click Next: Select Hours to continue to select hours.
- Enter a figure in the "Target Number of Acceptance" field (this is a required field, see note five below for more information on the Target Number of Acceptance hours).
- If you would like to apply the same changes to everyone you selected, hover over the Apply To All toggle button (see note two below for more information about the Apply to all option).
- Otherwise, you can adjust the hours manually for each individual listed (see note four below for more information on single shift changes).
15. In the Time In and Time Out fields, select Add or Reduce from the dropdown menu and enter the corresponding number of hours for that action in the "HRS" field (see note three below for more information on the Time In/Time Out fields, as well as the Allow Custom option).
16. Click Send Request.
17. You will be given one last chance to review everything and edit if needed.
18. Click Confirm and Send.
Creating the Request
In the “Create New Request” screen you will see the list of agents you previously selected.
Anyone who has a schedule will show that schedule and be at the top of the list; anyone without a schedule will be given a default block of time and be at the bottom of the list.
Existing schedules are in shades of blue, placeholder schedules are in green.
Apply to All
A quick way to create a request for a group of people is to use the option Apply To All at the top. Turning this on will allow you to create a request for all those listed.
Time In/Time Out
The “Time In/Time Out” fields will allow you to offer additional hours or VTO at the start or end of existing shifts. This will not change the placeholder schedules added for anyone you selected who didn’t have a schedule.
The “Time In” field will either offer an addition or reduction of hours at the start of the shift.
The “Time Out” field will do the same but at the end of the shift.
IMPORTANT: You cannot make an offer that makes a shift less than 3 hours. If you want to offer full shift VTO, click on the shift then click the red X to delete it.
Selecting Allow Custom for “Time In” and/or “Time Out” will allow you to apply custom windows to all requests. Anyone who’s offer was manually edited will not be affected, but you can create a Custom Window for them manually.
Time In the "Minus" box will allow the agent to flex the request earlier than the start time of the offer.
Time in the "Plus" box will allow the agent to flex the request later than the time out time of the offer.
Single Shift Changes
You can change one or more person’s individual requests before sending all.
The bars that represent the shifts can be clicked and dragged.
Click on the right or left side edge and drag to move a start or end time.
The blue lines can be clicked to change the Flex times.
Double click inside of a shift to add a Break or Lunch.
Target Number of Acceptance Hours
One last feature is the “Target Number of Acceptance” hours. This is a required field.
- Enter your Total Cumulative Goal for VTO or Additional Hours (OT).
- When that many hours have been reached the request will close and disappear from Superpunch for anyone who hasn’t already accepted.
For example, if you are looking for 10 hours of VTO tomorrow you may want to send the request to 30 or 40 people… but you don’t want to get more than 10 hours. Enter 10 in “Target Number of Acceptance” and Superpunch will take the wheel. If you are looking for as much as you can get, just put in a huge number… like 314159265359.
After you have sent a shift adjustment request you will now see it in the “Pending Requests” list. From here you can also see:
- the target you set,
- the current results,
- and status.
Clicking the “i” information button will give you even more information as well as:
The option to cancel the request
Removes it from agent's mobile app and Superpunch Dashboard but doesn’t remove changes already accepted.
The ability to Send Blast
This will send a new notification to anyone who hasn’t responded.
This downloads a zip file that you will need to send to Workforce via a Jira ticket.
Need more help? See the Superpunch Support Options article.