Time punches may need to be adjusted for various reasons including forgetting to manually punch a start or end time, selecting the incorrect job code (such as selecting break instead of lunch), or changes in scheduled time.
Exception requests are the way to submit corrections to time punches. When someone needs to correct their punched time, they will submit an exception request which goes to their supervisor for approval.
To submit an exception in Superpunch, follow these steps:
- Log into Superpunch.
- Navigate to: Time Entries.
- Select Create New Exception Request.
- You may choose to click on the How to Use This Tool button for a step-by-step guide that displays right on your Superpunch screen.
- Select a Reason.
- Enter a brief "Note" that lets the exception approver know why they need to approve the exception.
- Select the Date the exception occurred from the calendar.
- Ensure the correct Time Zone has been selected.
- For an existing time segment on the timeline, click on the Segment that needs to be corrected.
- For a missing time segment click the + button on the timeline where you'd like to insert the time punch.
- In the Edit Punch window that opens select any and all fields that need to be edited for the punch such as:
- Line of Business
- Punch Code
- Start Date
- Start Time
- End Date
- End Time
- Once all fields have been edited select Submit.
- You will be able to see the Proposed Change in the top timeline and the Current Timeline in the bottom one.
The exception request is sent to your direct Supervisor for approval, no further steps are required by the user. Once the Supervisor has reviewed and approved the exception request the edited time change will take effect. You can view the status of any exception requests you have in the list under My Exception Request. Simply select the request you'd like to view.
Need more help? See the Superpunch Support Options article.